Table of Contents
Sharadiya Navratri Is About To Begin: Maa Durga Will Reside In Home
Navratri, a major festival of Hindus, is a celebration of the worship of Goddess Shakti Maa Durga. Shardiya Navaratri is starting from Saturday, October 17 this year. The Sanskrit word “Navratri” means ‘nine nights’.
Well, Navratri comes five times in a year, but out of all this, Chaitra and Ashwin i.e. The main is Sharadiya Navratri. Sharadiya Navratri is from Pratipada to Navami of the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month.
Because it arrives in autumn, Sharadiya Navratri. According to religious beliefs, in Navaratri, Mata comes down from Mount Kailash and comes to her maternal home on earth. According to astrology, for nine days of worshiping the mother, Monday will be 2 days, which is very auspicious.
It is believed that by worshiping Goddess Durga on Monday, the person gets many times more results from the worship done by her. So let’s give you all the information related to Sharadiya Navratri 2020 in this article
Sharad Navratri Is About To Begin: Maa Durga Will Reside In Homes For Nine Days. The festival of Navratri is considered to be the most auspicious time for the worship of Goddess Durga. This worship is not happening today but before the Vedic era, since prehistoric times, which is mentioned in the Puranas. In Navaratri, fairs, etc. are held on the Shakti-Peetha and Siddhapeeth of the Goddess. All the Shaktipeeths of Maa Durga have different importance, but the form of Mother is the same.
At some places, people worship Mother as Vaishno Devi, while elsewhere they are worshiped as Chamunda. Navaratri is one such festival, which is celebrated with great pomp by people all over India. It is celebrated differently in different parts of India. This festival is celebrated on a large scale in Gujarat. Dandiya and Garba are held every year during Navratri. Durga Puja is one of the main festivals of Bengalis in West Bengal.
|day||The date||Mother nature|
|Navratri Day 1 – Pratipada||17 October (Saturday)||Maa Shailputri (Establishment)|
|Navratri Day 2 – Second||18 October (Sunday)||Maa brahmachari|
|Navratri Day 3 – Tritiya||19 October (Monday)||Maa Chandrakanta|
|Navratri Day 4 – Chaturthi||October 20 (Tuesday)||Maa kushmanda|
|Navratri Day 5 – Panchami||21 October (Wednesday)||Maa Skanda Mata|
|Navratri Day 6 – Shashthi||22 October (Thursday)||Maa Katyayani|
|Navratri Day 7 – Saptami||23 October (Friday)||Maa Kal Ratri|
|Navratri Day 8 – Ashtami||24 October (Saturday)||Maa Mahagauri
(Maha Ashtami, Maha Navami Puja)
|Navratri Day 9 – Navami||25 October (Sunday)||Maa siddhidatri|
|Navratri day 10 – Dashami||26 October (Monday)||Durga Visarjan (Dussehra)|
Every day has special significance in Navratri
Sharadiya Navratri Is About To Begin: Maa Durga Will Reside In-Home, The energy and power of Goddess Durga are high on these three days. On the fourth, fifth, and sixth days of Navratri, we worship Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity and peace. On the seventh day, worship Saraswati, the goddess of art and knowledge, for the purpose of seeking spiritual knowledge. The ninth day is the last day of Navratri is Mahanavami.
Follow these special rules during worship
- If for some reason this is not possible, then keep fast on the first, fourth, and eighth day.
- During these nine days, the person must light a flame in the name of Mother Durga.
- On the day of Navratri, worship the Goddess Durga, Maa Lakshmi, and Maa Saraswati at the place of worship by decorating them with flowers.
- Do not offer Tulsi Dal and Durva in the worship of Goddess Durga, so take special care of this matter.
- Devotees both cloves and batashe in the worship of Goddess Durga.
- On these days, do recite Durga Saptashati.
- Do not read the Devi Kavach, Arglastrot, and Keelakam. It is mandatory to add a text with them.
- Chant the same mantra for nine days.
- Also, remember the mother’s mantra ‘Om and Hri Klein Chamundayai Vichchai’.
- Always use red-colored asana in worship. Also, wear red clothes and apply red tilak at the time of worship.
- Do the Kalashasthana / Ghat-installation done on the first day of Navratri at in auspicious time and never keep the mouth of the Kalash open.
- Offering honey mixed milk in morning worship to the mother and receiving it, the soul and body gain strength.