Table of Contents
Mother Durga Will Sit In Homes Due To Ghatasthapana- Navratri, the great festival of worshiping Adi Shakti Maa Durga, is beginning from 17 October, Saturday. For nine days of Navratri different nine forms of Goddess Durga Shailputri, Brahmacharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmanda, Skanda Mata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Mahagauri, and Siddhidatri. There is a law to worship.
Before the Puja of Navaratri i.e. on the first day of Navaratri, Ghatasthapana i.e. Kalashsthapana is performed and all the deities are invoked and after this, for nine days, different forms of mother are worshiped.
According to the Puranas, Kalash is considered as the form of Lord Vishnu, so people worship the mother Durga by setting the Kalash before worshiping it. In this article, we are going to tell you mainly about the method of Ghatasthapana and its importance.
Keep special attention to Muhurta while performing Ghatasthapana
Navratri begins with Ghatasthapana. Ghatasthapana i.e. establishment of Kalash has special significance in Navratri. Kalash installation goes to Pratipada on the first day of Navratri. According to religious beliefs, if Ghatasthapana is done inauspicious time, then Goddess Durga is pleased and gives desired results to the people, but if the process of Ghatasthapana is not done by auspicious and complete rituals, then during Navratri for 9 days Worship of life is not considered meaningful and good fruits are not achieved.
Mother Durga Will Sit In Homes Due To Ghatasthapana. It is very important that you keep all the information related to the Ghatasthapana that takes place on the first day of Navratri so that the worship for 9 days of life is meaningful and there is no shortage of it. Apart from this, the time of Abhijeet Muhurta is considered to be the best for Kalashasthan. People often make small mistakes due to a lack of such knowledge.
Read Also: Auspicious And Major Festivals In October
Ghatasthapana 2020 auspicious time
In the year 2020, Sharadiya Navaratri starts from Saturday, October 17, and will be celebrated till Monday, October 26, 2020. First of all, know that this year auspicious time for Kalashsthan –
|Shardiya Navratri 2020 Ghatasthapana Muhurta|
|Replacement date||October 17, Saturday|
|Replacement time||06:23:22 to 10:11:54|
|Period||3 hours 48 minutes|
Importance of substitution
Ghatasthapana i.e. Kalashasthapana has its own special significance in Navratri. So it is Chaitra Navaratri or Sharad Navaratri, both of them in the auspicious time on Pratipada, a Kalash is established in a systematic w-ay.
According to religious beliefs, installing the Kalash brings happiness, prosperity, and peace in the home. Kalash is considered to be extremely powerful. The scriptures mention Lord Vishnu in the mouth of the Kalash, Rudra in the throat, Brahma in the original, and Goddess Shakti in the middle. . Ghatasthapana gets rid of all the troubles that come at home.
First of all, you have to collect some important materials for replacement. For this you need
- Wide-pitched clay urn (you can also take gold, silver, or copper urn)
- The soil of a holy place
- Saptadhanya (seven kinds of grains)
- Water (take Ganga water if possible)
- Kalawa / Molly
- Mango or Ashoka leaves (Pallavas)
- Akshat (raw whole rice)
- Peeled coconut
- Red cloth
- Flowers and flower garlands
- Lid (clay or copper) to cover the urn
- Fruits and sweets
Watch the video of Ghatasthapana Muhurta:
Read Also: Least To Most Lazy Zodiac Signs
Complete method of substitution
- On the first day of Navratri, people who do Kalashasthanas get up before sunrise and take bath and wear clean clothes.
- After this, first of all, put soil in a vessel and add barley seeds to it. Keep in mind that there is a place for placing the urn in the middle of that vessel.
- Now place the urn in the middle of the vessel and tie it with the molly and make a swastika symbol on the urn.
- Fill the Ganges water in the Kalash and tilak with Kumkum on it.
- After this, put whole betel nut, flower, perfume, panch gems, coin, and all five types of leaves in the urn.
- Look at the leaves in such a way that they appear slightly outward. After this, put a lid on the urn and fill the lid with intact.
- Now wrap a coconut in a red cloth and tie it with a Raksha Sutra and put it on the lid.
- Keep in mind that the coconut should be on your side. (The mouth of coconut is where it attaches to the tree.)
- After this, worship the Kalash, invoking the Gods and Goddesses with a true heart.
- Inoculate the Kalash, offer it intact, offer flower garlands, perfumes, and naivedya i.e. fruits and sweets, etc.
- Continue to add water regularly to the barley for 9 days, after a couple of days you will see the barley plants growing up.
- Many people also burn unbroken flame with the Kalash installation. If you do this too, keep in mind that this flame should be kept burning throughout Navratri.
- After the Kalash installation, worship the Shailputri form of Maa Durga.
- Keep in mind that the offerings made to Maa Shailputri should be made with pure ghee. Also, if there is any problem or disease in life, then offering pure ghee to the mother gives auspicious results.
In Navaratri, especially the person who worships and fasts to Goddess Durga should observe Brahmacharya with full devotion for the entire nine days. The natives who keep fast for nine days should eat only a one-time meal. During this time, you should take only milk, fruits, and vegetarian food. These holy nine days of Maa Durga, sleeping on the ground i.e. sleeping on the ground, gives very good fruits. For nine days, no one should consume alcohol or meat by mistake.